Every time I snap or story these simple little dishes I get asked heaps for the recipes. This is nothing fancy or ground breaking but it is healthy, fresh, quick and tastes damn good!
These are Gluten Free and Lactose Free by using either no cheese or lactose free cheese (I like the “Lidells” brand which is available in Coles and Woolworths). The best thing about this type of dish is you add as many veggies as you wish and replace things like the rice with sweet potato or quinoa.
I am not the greatest cook so I like to keep everything simple!
INGREDIENTS (serves 2 ):
300g Lean Turkey or Chicken Mince
1/2 cup corn kernels
1/2 cup zucchini diced
1 bunch broccolini – chopped
8 cherry tomatoes or 1 whole tomato diced
1/2 cup 5 bean mix
125g cooked brown rice ( i use microwave sachets because I’m lazy)
Salsa (store bought)
Chilli Flakes (optional)
1/2 Onion (optional)
1/2 cup Grated cheese
Handful coriander (optional)
1. Add 1 teaspoon of coconut oil and Brown onion & garlic
2. Add Mince and cook through – set aside
3. In a separate pan add a spray of coconut oil and fry corn kernels, broccoli and zucchini until brown on outside and soft. Set aside.
4. Fry beans with a dash of chilli until warmed through
5. In a bowl place 1/2 the rice.
6. Top with half of each of the ingredients
7. Sprinkle cheese over top
8. Mash Avo (add coriander) and add to top with a spoon of salsa
Let me know if you would like more recipes added to the blog!
Jan 28, 2017